Whether you’re simply changing up the routine display of your home, or are building a new one from scratch, bifold windows are growing to be a renowned choice with every passing day. Sure, you could stick to the same old pattern and keep your casement windows, but would they be able to give you the feeling of actually having something new within the comfort of your home?
Bifold windows are windows that contain multiple, framed window panels that are hinged together, allowing them to fold up whenever you choose to open them.
Here are 5 good reasons they are recommended for homes:
- Since bi-fold windows are quite big and hold up the same space that two casement windows would hold otherwise, they’re generally recommended for patios. This helps in creating a sense of freedom from before you even reach your backyard, allowing you to take in all the sunlight you need while still sitting in the comfort of your home.
- They add an aesthetic touch to your home. Unlike other windows, bifold windows stand out and look reasonably pleasing in comparison to the rest. Due to the option of holding different frames and colours as well, they can seem unique from the outside and help in making your house seem different in contrast with the general, monotonous pattern.
- You needn’t worry about the temperature change too much if you’ve chosen to apply bifold windows. If you choose the right glass for your windows, a bifold window can be energy efficient by blocking out the harsh sunlight while still allowing a subtle breeze to come into your home. This way, you get the comfort while avoiding the negatives.
- If you have a love for nature and its weather, bifold windows will be the best bet for your mental satisfaction. Whether you enjoy the pitter-patter of the rain, if you enjoy sunbathing, or even if you want to look at the snow as it makes its first fall, bifold windows can give you the view of a lifetime.
- Last but not least, bifold windows are great at ensuring your safety and security. Since these are essentially made up of aluminium, they’re secure by design. This leaves you with absolutely nothing left to worry about. However, if you still feel slightly worried, you can choose to put in double-glazed glass rather than a normal one. This will help make your window even safer than before.
The benefits of bi-fold windows are not limited to your home. They can be used in your garages, workshops or even garden sheds. The application of bifold windows does not reduce its advantages, in fact, it only helps in complementing it further.