Due to COVID-19 restrictions easing, most display homes are now open across Australia.
Limits still apply to the number of people allowed to visit at one time, most states across Australia have a 10 person limit, including sales staff.
Some displays may still be open by appointment only so it is important to plan ahead, and bookings are recommended.
While this may come with some challenges, these conditions also provide you with the opportunity to have your own space throughout the inspection and to ask in-depth and specific questions.
HIA has released the following industry guidelines for Victoria :
1. Manage access and entry to the display home by:
• Collecting contact details for all visitors to assist with potential contact tracing.including customer name, contact details (phone, residential address and email) and time of entry and exit of the display home.
• Ensuring anyone with symptoms of illness does not enter a display home.
2. Ensure the Government’s social distancing requirements are met at all times by:
• Limiting the number of people in a display home to 10 people at any one time, including sales staff.
• Limiting access to any site to people directly involved in the activity of display, design or contract administration.
• Adopting the 1.5 metre social distancing requirement at all times.
• Applying the 1 person per 4 square metre rule for any enclosed or internal work spaces.
3. Ensure adequate hygiene facilities and cleaning regimes are in place by:
• Providing hand-wash facilities, hand-sanitising or gloves upon entry and exit to the display home.
• Cleaning all high-touch areas including door handles, taps, counters, benches and amenities with an anti-bacterial cleaner before and after viewings.
• Using digital sales and communication platforms where possible to reduce the need for physical contact and supplement the sales process
• Promoting healthy air flow within the home or showroom by opening windows, using air conditioning or other ventilation options.
These measures, are recommended in the interest of the health and safety of the consumer, the staff and the community. If you are interested in viewing a builder’s display home or showroom, please reach out to the builder or showroom directly, they will be only too happy to assist you.
(Check other state guideline's on HIA's website here.)